[Law Mode] Bellivent/Battle-log issue

Report any bugs you find here. Include the steps for reproducing it if you can, and the version number.
Mazy

[Law Mode] Bellivent/Battle-log issue

Post by Mazy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:00 am

[In Law Mode] There seems to be an issue with the battle-log regarding how it reports damage versus a wizard or mount with the bellivent ability activated.

For example, an elephant mounted by a bellivent wizard will evade a successful elf arrow by retreating one hex (thus escaping injury), but the battle-log will report that the arrow did damage to the elephant (something like 33 damage).

Judging by the health-bar the elephant appears to escape taking damage (as intended), it's just the battle-log suggests otherwise.

CGR
SNAPSHOT DEV

Re: [Law Mode] Bellivent/Battle-log issue

Post by CGR » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:01 pm

This has been fixed, and the fix will appear in the next major update.
As you can see, the elephant put up quite a fight. I used a Pegasus in subsequent tests.
Attachments
ToughElephant.PNG
Just wow!

Mazy

Post by Mazy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Blimey that was fast work, good job.

A Bellivent Elephant doing the Moonwalk after it's been hit by a successful ranged attack is perhaps my favourite animation in the game now, [suggestion] I think it should be accompanied by a 2 second audible burst of Smooth Criminal.

..and OMG, Ruby Dragons?? they look pretty good man.

Does the boss know you're whaling on an effigy of him during your lunch-break? ..or perhaps it's really him, level 232!

CGR
SNAPSHOT DEV

Post by CGR » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Don't go getting excited about the Ruby Dragons now, no plans to introduce those that I am aware of. I can still spawn the old purple block-style Centaur from the dev console...

Mazy

Post by Mazy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:32 pm

CGR wrote:I can still spawn the old purple block-style Centaur from the dev console...
Oh cool, they were quite interesting beasts.. my favourite cast in the original Chaos, perhaps didn't quite work in CR though.

..they had some unusual stats if I recall? if you get a chance to post screenshots of them (on your steam profile or something), I've almost forgotten what they looked like! .. does it even perform the old-style melee attack of bumping into stuff? :)

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:00 pm

Mazy wrote: ..or perhaps it's really him, level 232!
Almost as much as Gary!