Testing branch on Steam - guilds, custom games & languages

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn

• Can we have an update on the update please as it kind of feels its either lost in the mists of time or a long while before it arrives.

Ta
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

• Hi,
    We're working through a long list of translation-related problems, and also resolving the issues with the custom games.
    I'd certainly hope to see an update to the beta branch once we've made some more progress with fixes.

The league competition results should be fixed once the update lands.

Procedural maps for 5 and 6 players may happen, but certainly not in the next update.

Duel/ league-guild rankings are not being removed - have you played some duels/ guild league games? You need to have for the rankings to display.
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

• CGR wrote:Procedural maps for 5 and 6 players may happen, but certainly not in the next update.

Woot!

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• good call on proc gen for 5-6 players. I've been REALLY enjoying the 1-4 proc gen maps, and extending the functionality of this for 5-6 will be worth it me thinks....especially considering the options it'll open up down the line.
    anjovi

• The beta branch has been updated; we're hoping that this becomes a proper public release very soon.
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

• What should we look at/for?

With this testing branch, I've created a guild. What happens next? It's not intuitive, and other than searching for people to invite to the guild, I see no other guild-related stuff.

Also, when inviting someone in to the guild, I see the hidden ID of players. I.e., names. Is this their Steam ID? For example, I see "Wizard Name (PerhapsARealName123)".

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• Hi.
    When one of your guildmembers completes a duel, you should see a new rankings panel appear on the duel screen.
    Similarly for ordinary ranked games.

For now, that's it for guilds. Your guild is ranked in duels and regular ranked play.
    The plan is, for the next update, guilds will be able to defend the new demigod-style challenges.

The number in brackets is their Steam ID (I think).

The three main changes since the last full public release were:
    Localization;
    Guilds now exist (as above);
    Live custom challenges* can be created by demigods and above (anyone can participate, only >= demi can create);
    Duels now have a weekly ranking system.
    Four. Four main changes...

*The custom challenges can be quite tough (e.g., I believe "kill with Icarus tower" may be a possibility:). E.g., for the "Kill with" objectives, it might make sense to apply attack-spell taboos to the opponents; or not: you're a demigod (or god) - it's up to you.

Localization has been an enormous amount of work; it should be easier to add more new things now that is out of the way.

Find me on Discord or Steam if anyone wants to chat about it:)
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

• With the defeat enemy victory condition - Are you supposed to be able to select a particular player as that enemy (It would make for a good game time if you were able to do this).

With all victory conditions, it is possible to put two players on the same team, and then give them different victory conditions i.e. Player A has Use Spell Elf, Player B has Use Spell Dwarf - How should this work in combination? Does a victory come from either player achieving their victory condition, or must they both achieve it?

The AI doesn't have a victory condition set - Does this mean, that it's always defaulting to 'Defeat Enemy'?

With the kill with creature victory condition - If you select Rat Pack, you only start the game with one. Either you need to start with a full 'Pack' or change the text to just say 'Rat'

With the kill with creature victory condition - The AI doesn't appear to be prioritising the creature which you are trying to kill it with. For example, I made a game with a kill with Hell Hound condition, I placed both the Hell Hound and an Eagle within attack range of the AI wizard, and it attacked the Eagle (The Hell Hound was even at a lower height of terrain).

Custom victory conditions are in conflict with standard victory conditions - For instance 'Survive til end' can clash with 'Victory Points' where the a player is technically able to both Win and Lose in the same game.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• With "Defeat Enemy" you can't currently specify which enemy; however, I think this would be easy to add in the next update.

Two players can already be on the same team, and have different victory conditions.
    However, for a team-win, it is currently OK for only one to achieve their condition (this is because team-win currently allows members of your team to be dead).

The AI can't do victory conditions, it is always just trying to kill you; nor is it aware of your victory conditions.
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

• I would seriously consider making the 'use spell' give an 100% cast card as opposed to a merc (or raising it to a place were you can 100% cast it). It would just mesh better with the mechanics of the game and i imagine be alot more fun overall.

The problem i forsee is a mandatory 'no attack spell' taboo whenever you play the game. It would be very similar to realms mode where you tend to lose creatures in turn 1 by non los attacks.

I would use that general experience as a good foresight to how this will play out.
    anjovi

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Information