Realm Creation Guide WIP

For Wizard Kings (and higher) to discuss the Realm Editor and the creation of realms.
Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:04 am

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:02 pm

• I have now enabled the document to be edited by anyone. Use it to add comments using the google docs comment system.
    Julian Gollop
    Site Admin

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:14 pm

• Excellent!

The only question I have is with regard to the quote below.

It seems like the second paragraph is contradicting the first. In a level 2 realm, the first section seems to say they'll have 2-4 talismans (wizards level 6-11) while the second section implies they'll have no talismans.

Or is it just a mistype and 'realm' in the second section (highlighted) should read 'wizard' ?

Level 1 realms have low level wizard lords (levels 1-­5, 0-­2 talismans) with basic AI
    Level 2 realms have medium level wizard lords (levels 6­-11, 2­-4 talismans) with intermediate AI
    Level 3 realms have high level wizard lords (levels 12+, 6 talismans) with advanced AI.

The realm level directly affects the created wizard lords’ equipment levels, and most significantly
    the number of talismans they have (yes, the equipment level system is still there, but does not
    apply to player wizards):

● Level 1­-3 realm, no talismans
    ● Level 4­-7 realm, 2 talismans
    ● Level 8­-11 realm, 4 talismans
    ● Level 12 realm, 6 talismans
    Tess
    GOD

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:17 pm

• I note that the excellent Tutorial realm by RafiRomero would fail on the 'do not break the 4th wall' criteria, but I guess it's excused for being such a good tutorial? I hope so.

Also I see that I'm no longer allowed to use newlines in my encounter text. I understand the reason for this, but it does make things clearer sometimes.
    Tess
    GOD

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:44 pm

• Thanks Tess. I fixed the confusion with regards to talismans - they are dependent on the realm level, not the wizard level. Slightly confusing, but we will improve this. The restriction on newlines is in the encounter choice boxes - if there are too many lines the text gets smaller and more difficult to read. Otherwise you can use newlines. The realm guidelines specifically exclue the tutorial realms, so that is not an issue. Congratulations on your excellent realms BTW - I am playing through Arenji's curse now - nearing the end.
    Julian Gollop
    Site Admin

Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:49 pm

• Julian Gollop wrote:Congratulations on your excellent realms BTW - I am playing through Arenji's curse now - nearing the end.

I hope Carandorf survived, poor lad.
    Tess
    GOD

Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:09 pm

• Whilst I can understand the need for these guidelines, I think you also need to be careful that they aren't restrictive and lead realm designers feeling that they have no freedom of choice in the realms that they create.

For moderators I think whoever fills this role needs to apply common sense and decorum to any moderation that they apply. For instance there is a difference between a poorly written text because someone is new to writing text, and a poorly written text because someone didn't take the time or effort to write well. For me Jim and Worto are good role models in this respect.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:22 pm

• what i could think of adding is some sort of section that goes over what makes for good village/citadel/flux placement.

I mainly get stumped on what would be a good way to balance the village type/amount to a particular fight. Maybe having information on what rate a lord gets reinforcements at based on the realm level and amount of citadels. Just to give me a good idea on:

-how many days i should have the 1st flux or citadel from the beginning
    -what village type i should place to said fight/if i should even have any
    -the implications of having a citadel come before a mana flux and vice versa
    -examples of optimal ways to place these buildings.

I'd be interested to see your take on this stuff.
    anjovi

Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:35 pm

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:For me Jim and Worto are good role models in this respect.

In fact if they wanted to do it I'd nominate Worto and Jim :-)

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:38 pm

• Hehe - I know I would accept it :)

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

Next