THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 10 (THE FINAL)

For discussing tournaments and arranging matches
SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 10 (THE FINAL)

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sun May 10, 2015 11:30 pm

THE MALICE CHALICE Task 10 - The Assault Course.

So we're finally here at the task 10 of The Malice Chalice. There have been some great feats performed over the past couple of months, testing your mental agility, physical prowess, creative, and also observation skills. Many strong contenders have fallen by the wayside leaving just the three of you remaining for the final task.

Over the next two weeks you will be invited to take part in a number of non standard matches. Your performance in those matches will determine who the winner of The Malice Chalice will be.

When matches are ready to start either the Match IDs will be posted in this thread, or we will try to co-ordinate with you via Steam/LawnChaos (we can play them either Asynch or Live, but if we can co-ordinate a couple of live it would cool to take a video or two).

A couple of things that I'd ask each of you to try to; please have some level 1 gear ready to play with, please let me know what your current max level gear is.

Could you also please try to find a partner from within your original Malice Chalice teams who may be asked to join you for one or two of the matches.

Anyway, we're just setting that rope swing up and then we'll be ready for you.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

Trismegistus

Re: THE MALICE CHALICE - TASK 10 (THE FINAL)

Post by Trismegistus » Mon May 11, 2015 1:54 am

Gary and I are from the same team can we be partners when it comes to that or no?
This is Chaos, There is always a chance.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Mon May 11, 2015 7:07 am

Trismegistus wrote:Gary and I are from the same team can we be partners when it comes to that or no?
No, as you're competing against each other now, I'd rather you buddied up with other team mates.

If it comes down to it I do have a wizard in reserve who narrowly missed out on joining The Chalice in the first place, what lacks in skill he more than makes up for in enthusiasm. His name is 'Derp the Wizard'..

On second thoughts, you might be better off with a buddy from your own team.

Tess
GOD

Post by Tess » Mon May 11, 2015 12:28 pm

The first event with Arenji will be a 3v1 match with Arenji as the victim!

Here's the catch though: only the wizard who kills Arenji will score any points!

Here are the rules:-
1) The match will be a 4-wizard game, preferably live if Mazy, Tris, Gary and myself are available at the same time.
2) Only level 1 gear will be allowed (including Arenji)
3) The wizard who kills Arenji will score:

a) 10 points if no other wizards die first.
b) 20 points if one other wizard has died before Arenji.
c) 40 points if two other wizards have died before Arenji.

4) You score no points unless you are the wizard who kills Arenji.
5) In the unlikely event Arenji survives, everyone scores zero.
6) Arenji's judgement of the scoring is final.
EDIT: 7) To make it 'fair', Arenji takes the first turn.

This is the first of a series of 3 matches against Arenji with varying rules. Your goal is to maximise your points over those matches. So you could go for the quick victory and secure yourself 10 points, or defend Arenji against the other wizards to eventually claim 40 points for the final kill. Just bear in mind there are two more matches to come with Arenji, and other matches against the other judges, so you need as high a score as possible.

The three matches will be played at a time or times to be arranged. I will contact the three participants via PM. It's my hope that we can play the game live so that I can record it for the youtubes and other fine members of the wizarding community.
Last edited by Tess on Mon May 11, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sephorin
GOD

Post by Sephorin » Mon May 11, 2015 4:12 pm

Tess wrote:It's my hope that we can play the game live so that I can record it for the youtubes and other fine members of the wizarding community.
'Sounds great! I am very interested in watching it!
Sephorin, living in service to the Goddess Ariianrhod since April, 1204.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Mon May 11, 2015 6:32 pm

Your second match will be a one off Tactics game against a Master in that field

The gameID is 182898 and the password is battle.

Conditions are any level of gear (but no talismans are allowed).
Format is Asynch
25 turns (so bring enough cards)

Between the 3 of you will gain:
0 points for finishing 3rd
5 points for finishing 2nd
10 points for finishing 1st
And you will gain a bonus of 10 points if you are the outright winner. (Meaning that the Tactics Master is also eliminated)

For this match you will also be scored 1-10 points based on a screenshot and write up of a key tactical moment from within the match.

SlipperyJim

Post by SlipperyJim » Mon May 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Who came up for the rules to this match with Arenji? They are a genius and I would want them to be the DM in any RPG I ever played!

I salute you!

Regards,

Jim
The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72

Kahangriel
GOD

Post by Kahangriel » Mon May 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Your third match, and the first one involving your favourite Icelord, will be a 3-way match between Gary, Mazy and Trismegistus. You will all do battle for the fate of the Chalice and for Kahangriel's amusement. Not necessarily in that order.

There is one catch, though. Do you know the feeling of boosting a spell up to 90% and still having it fail? Deciding between using your mana to boost a creature or saving it for the mega spell? Or most importantly, wondering whether that elf who is shooting your creatures is real or not? Well, you won't have any of that in this match, since DISBELIEVE IS NOT ALLOWED. As a matter of fact, ALL YOUR CREATURES MUST BE ILLUSIONS. This means that all creatures will succeed and you may just as well burn your raise dead spells, since you won't get to use them.

Although I will not be taking part in the battle personally, I will be present to observe and ensure that the rules are followed. If I see any creature failing to cast or any dead creature not going up in smoke, that's a paddling. Anyone casting disbelieve, you'd better believe that's a paddling. And by paddling, I mean that you get 0 points.

Points will be awarded:
30 points for an outright winner
15 points each for a 2 way draw
10 points each for a 3 way draw

By the way, I don't want to see one wizard get killed and the other two just hang around until the turns run out so that they both get 15 points and gain an advantage after the wizard who was killed. Go for the win, folks.

One of you will have to set the game. Ideally make it live, but most importantly post here the date and time when you will be playing.

25 rounds, no VPs.

As for gear and talismans, go nuts. Everything is allowed.

Have fun, gentlemen.
Who's that riding across the plain?
Who's lost count of the foes he's slain?
Who's the man who's plumb insane?
Kahangriel! Kahangriel! Kahangriel!

Interpunct

Post by Interpunct » Mon May 11, 2015 7:31 pm

All of these are really good, to be quite honest. I can't wait to hear what other match styles they have in store.
Current Unicoin Total: 5

Tess
GOD

Post by Tess » Mon May 11, 2015 8:20 pm

The first match has now been concluded. I will edit the footage and put it up here for all to enjoy. I won't announce the winner just yet so please keep it quiet if you spectated live so as not to spoil others' enjoyment.